Monday, November 20, 2006

A Brief History of How I Started On My Health Path

My interest in my personal health began after I started
living on my own after my 19th birthday. I realized that
I did not know what was required to properly feed myself!
I remember hearing a friend say that a peanut butter and
jelly sandwich had all the nutrition that was needed. I
wasn't convinced but I really didn't know was was
missing.

Months later I joined a Christian Church community and
lived with families that had their ways of eating and
some of them appeared to have a special interest in
health foods. I began trying-out some of the things I
saw others do and more importantly I began reading on my
own certain authors of prominent renown in the health
field such as Adelle Davis, Paul Bragg, Norman Walker,
Bernard Jensen and others. I immediately was convinced
of the "rightness" of using whole foods that are freshly
prepared. Since I already had basic cooking skills it
was easy for me to jump right into preparing these foods
for myself.

By 1977 I had built-up enough interest in organic foods
that I decided to live on a small organic family farm
outside Chicago. In early Spring of '78 I moved to
California where I believed I would find more avail-
ability of the kind of lifestyle I wanted to live.

By the end of '79 I had learned the techniques popular-
ized by Ann Wignmore, Victoras Kulvinskas and the
Hippocrates Health Institute and went back to Chicago
with a mission to teach this there.

After teaching in Chicago and Houston I returned to
California in '81, became co-director of a personal
growth center in Escondido and soon published a small
newspaper called: Transformations. The paper featured
two articles by Neale Donald Walsch (author of Conver-
sations with God) but nothing on health & nutrition.
After the owner/founder of the center closed shop I
worked as a live-in private chef making healthy meals
as part of a weight-loss program for my client.

My personal relationships predominated the next seven
years of my life and in 1990 I went to Rudolf Steiner
College to find others wanting to live on a Biodynmaic
farm as an intentional community. This eventually led
me into another relationship,that two young children,
and for a time we had it as our intention to find our
community. The search took us from California through
Oregon and Washington. After a few months in the Seat-
tle area we returned to where we started and from
there ended up in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. Now I
finally live in an area that I feel strong connections
to and enjoy many blessings from all that this area
has to offer and especially the people!

In 1999 I met Sally Fallon, author of Nourishing Tra-
ditions, in Washington DC and prepared a banquet buffet
for the founding board members of the Weston A. Price
Foundation. (See www.WestonAPrice.org) I returned home
and applied to start a local chapter. A friend told me
she wanted to be co-leaders with me and together with
other friends we began having monthly potlucks of Nour-
ishing Traditions foods ever since!

In September 2005 I began offering nutrition therapy
support based on Nourishing Traditions and have a page-
long personal testimony of a major health recovery that
my most recent client gained from the program I provided.

I now want to duplicate the benefits of recovered health
to as many people as possible.

I see a great need for encouraging people in every way I
can to recover their own health sovereignty. I believe
there will be tremendous and incalculable gifts that will
come as a result of our recovered health sovereignty!

Many Blessings!

No comments: